Sunday, July 16, 2006

Saturday's (Non) Events

Last Sunday I was out at the farmer's market on Ballard Avenue and bought a bunch of mixed berries. Nothing quite like fresh blue, black, and raspberries. So, after freezing a bunch and giving some to my neighbor, I used some yesterday to improve a Jiffy Muffin Mix. Yesterday, half the muffins were gone, and I need to report the disappearance of the other half this morning. After making muffins, I went to the gym, and did a leg workout and cardio--so much fun there. Then, thinking to use my new grill thing, I made a quesadilla with bacon, eggs, cheese and salsa. Quite the mess, but rather tasty. When I unpacked my grill I discovered it had no cleaning device with it, so I had to call the store and ask if I needed to bring the whole thing back to trade in, or did they have one of the cleaning things handy. At the time, all they would tell me is that I didn't need to bring the whole thing back, and they would check to see if there was one in the other box. Turns out there was(either in the other box, or laying around somewhere, I didn't ask), so later in the afternoon I managed to go and get it. Anyway, after eating my quesadilla, I decided it was far too nice a day to hang about in the house so I walked over to Fremont, the Center of the Universe, to check on my friend Lenin and look about some of the stores there. I did suffer a minor disappointment during the afternoon when I couldn't get a fun pair of shoes, but that is life sometimes. The reason for not getting the shoes is that one was just barely too tight and the other felt too big, and they were both the same size according to the shoes' markings (I couldn't locate them online to create a link). Never before had the difference between left and right been so apparent. After returning home, I had the message to go fetch my cleaning thing for the grill, as well as a message, apologizing for missing my call yesterday, but asking if I wanted to go over for dinner, from Brad & Steve. Steve is a good cook, so I went over for dinner. The two of them are great company, so it was a good food/good conversation sort of thing. After dinner, I had extant plans to meet someone at a bar I had never been to. Of course I gave myself far too little time to get there and find it, so I was late, but it was a nice sort of dive bar and I played some pool, not losing too spectacularly, which was suprising since I hadn't played in a while. After a few beers there, I came home and went to bed. Perhaps not the most exciting day, but it was full, and it was pleasant. Today I am off to Mitch's for a birthday/croquet party for Mitch. The invitation didn't specify croquet, but considering that seems to be the primary purpose of the lawn, I have a hunch it will be on the days events.

No comments: