Monday, April 10, 2006

another (less than manic) Monday

Nothing quite like the nightmare return of Monday, and the headache inducing monotony of a pointless project. In reality, it seems now that the project we are on is less important than working as grunts for the Sr. Buyers. Perhaps I wouldn't mind the additional work if I enjoyed anything about being here, but as it is, I am only ticked off at what appears to be an extension of my sentence. I overheard someone on their cell phone as they walked in today comment they were in the dungeon and would talk with them later--and that wasn't a temp talking.

I really need to focus on something pleasant about this place, something that will make me feel as if I am accomplishing something. I have tried to find such a thing, but so far the only "good" thing is a regular paycheck, which is less of a good thing and more of a cultural expectation. Somehow we have become trained to give up our lives for a paycheck, to forgo so many things we would prefer to do for a paycheck. I guess in truth all I need to do is learn to live on less, then I could work less, but that is task of a different nature. There is a reason the phrase "wage slave" was created, and it really does describe many people in the world.

No comments: