Friday, April 14, 2006

Friday update

It is Friday afternoon, and I am fighting to stay awake. With a bit more than an hour to do, there is little that I feel like doing here, rather I would like to just head home. Realistically, I don't think that is much of an option. I don't know what the weather has been like today, so I don't know if going home means mowing the lawn or not.

The week has been uneventful for me, so which is one reason there is very little in the way of daily updates. Somehow I need to make my daily work sound exciting enough for people to enjoy reading about. Perhaps with a bit of practice that will happen.

During lunch today, while reading "The Troublesome Offspring of Cardinal Guzman" I came across a very fun chapter describing how Beethoven's Symphony No. 3, "Eroica" is like having sex. It was odd reading that at lunch in the cafeteria, one of those passages where you wonder what people would think if they decided to read over your shoulder.

Also today, there was a "Peeps Show." My original idea didn't pan out, since I forgot all about it last night, but after lunch today, I decided to make "Peep cubes." Peep cubes were made by some creative cutting, folding, and taping of Post-It notes into the form of a six cube ice tray, then stuffing peeps into five of the spaces. While it may not have been the most creative idea in the world, I think it made wonderful use of materials at hand.

Today has been a day of too many sweets and a lunch that was deep fried (fish, shrimp and tator tots). With luck, I will eat something healthy for dinner, to balance with my healthy pre-donut breakfast, which was Muesli with Yogurt. [Dinner ended up being Chili, which was a better choice than it could have been.]

No comments: