Sunday, June 25, 2006

Gorgeous Sunday

I skipped the parade, but the day was far too nice to spend around the house unpacking boxes or rearranging the contents of said boxes, combining some of the half emptied ones so I can break down one of the two. Earlier I was out, sort of looking for a sofa, but not really with much heart, so I walked up to Golden Gardens Park, which is a nice walk, and a nice park. I decided to take off my shirt for a bit, but as I now live in Seattle, I have too little of anything resembling a tan for me to leave it off for more than 30-40 minutes. On the way home, I stopped into the Old Town Ale House and had a pint of Dick's Cream Stout, which is a fine and dandy sort of stout, though perhaps a bit heavy for the day's temperature.

I wish I would have had a camera for a picture, but someone had set up the hydraulics on their white Town Car to life the driver's side front wheel several feet off the ground. I was at Market & 24th when I saw the car making a left off 24th, and I have to say, I thought it was pretty cool, though another spectator commented that it was a stupid thing to do. I can't imagine life without the occassional stupid things that are necessary to bring small joys to people. The car gave me a smile, and that was enough for me to think it a good thing.

No comments: