Sunday, May 18, 2008

End of Spring?

At the urging of my loyal reader, I am finally getting around to a May entry.  Here in Seattle, there has actually been gorgeous weather this weekend, with sunshine and everything.  The picture is of the last of the tulips at the Ballard Locks (which have another name, but I can't remember Hiram's last, so I won't mention it).  I thought it was a shame that I didn't have a picture of one of the most recent of what is passed off as architecture here, but why does anyone really need another picture of a brick faced vinyl sides clad building, even if it is 5 stories tall (or maybe 4 or 6, but you get the gist).  Truly, however ugly the buildings in Eastern Europe may be, there one true advantage is that people didn't put them up willingly, as they do in this country.  

Well, it is Sunday and I have work in the morning, so that is that, as I need to be off to bed.

1 comment:

Davo said...

Good call, to put up the flowers instead of the vinyl siding, which, considering toxic fumes, that they still allow in such a green part of the nation. I'm more for poppies and tulips, etc. They make me happier.