Monday, July 25, 2011

No more blue sky

The lovely weekend we had has retreated into a gloomy Monday, with weather more stereo-typically Seattle, than what summer should actually be. This is supposed to be the dry season, but it sure hasn't seemed that way.

I wasn't sure when I started writing tonight if I wanted to discuss the politics currently going on in DC, and I think I may pass on saying much of anything, except I hope something is worked out that doesn't just benefit a small percentage of the country. Our republic doesn't feel like it is running they way it was intended to, as the parties in Congress are supposed to compromise and not just hold their breath until they get everything they want. I guess those without children finally get to experience the exasperation of a parent with siblings that refuse to work together.

Overall, I would have to say that today was another generic Monday at work, like so many before, and like so many probably to follow. There is nothing wrong with a lack of crises and fires to deal with, but there is also something extremely deadening about the lack of variety. In addition to the overcast skies, I am sure this is contributing to my less than stellar mood.

No comments: