Sunday, July 24, 2011

Summer and Neglect

Well, this is the second go at this. My earlier post didn't post, nor did a draft save correctly, so I guess I will write something else. I know I had said something about how my hopes and efforts at the beginning of the year gave me some belief that I would actually manage to write on a regular basis, and keep things moving to such a degree that momentum was formed, and the blog kept moving, rather than petering out to the occasional I am still here sort of thing. This weekend has been gorgeous here in Seattle, with temps in the low-mid 80's, which was high enough to cause someone at the neighboring table tonight to complain about the heat, while I was finishing my beer. Oddly enough, we was sitting on a patio at a restaurant that did have indoor seating, and he chose not to go someplace with air conditioning. Since it was very comfortable in the shade, I don't know why he was complaining, but folks seem to do it out here, below 40 is too cold, above 80, too hot.

Rather than bemoan what I thought was a really nice weekend, I have been thinking about glass casting, and what to do in my next class, which is in August. I picked up some beach toys, so I can make glass castles, rather than sand castles, though either way I am still playing in the sand. I have been thinking of what to do that would make my glass pieces even more fun, but since I have three weeks to figure that out, I hope to have some decent ideas.

No comments: