Sunday, September 23, 2012

Interesting Conversations from Work

Last week one of my colleagues, upon discovering that I was disinclined to vote Republican, told me that I really needed to see these Allen West videos. (I am on my phone, so I am not going to link them.)

Anyway, I watched them, and managed to get through the first one, though I had to work to maintain interest after the democrats are communists initial comments. After not very many minutes, I had to do a double take, as the inestimable speaker was clarifying how exactly the Democratic Progressive Caucus was related to Communism. It seems in West's mind progressive is code for communist. With this just being correlated, he goes on to imply President Wilson was a communist. Now this didn't seem accurate, and low and behold, Wilson was a fervent anti-communist, at least according to several biographers and Wikipedia. With this in mind, I listened to the rest of West's comments, though I had to chuckle when he advised the reporters there to do their homework and research stories.

No comments: