Tuesday, November 05, 2019

Lazy Day thoughts


My reading pile doesn't ever seem to get smaller, though I did move the Tom Bianchi picture books to the shelf, so they aren't here making things look worse.  Because this blog is proof that I haven't totally forsaken social media, I can say that I am happy about having, at least for the time being, given up Twitter, and Facebook has been gone for a long time. It isn't that I have found marvelous new ways to occupy myself, though I did make double chocolate chip cookies last week, but I think with only checking the news a few times daily, like morning and afternoon papers, then the evening news in the past, it keeps me current enough for all intents and purposes and I also don't overreact about anything, or even issue tweets that I may regret down the line. This is where I insert my opinion about too many cable news channels running 24/7 so they need to overanalyze Donald Trump's farts just to fill air time. The impeachment inquiry moves forward, and it doesn't look any better now that everything is "public" than it did when things were behind closed doors. Republicans really do need to put party aside and view these actions from a Constitutional perspective, and once they do that, then they need to pass legislation that allows the President to be investigated and charged with criminal acts while in office, as I doubt Jefferson, Hamilton, or any of their peers would think the current AG office is doing right by the American people.

No comments: