Saturday, June 30, 2007

Oops...missed a week again...

While it seems I have been doing a good job lately of not writing, I have in the past week, finally acquired a sofa, and reread all the extant Harry Potter novels in preparation for the new one.  I have also thought about the new iPhone, but still can't justify the cost or a two year contract.  Finally, when I get a good picture of it, I will post the painting I was working on earlier this week, which I may or may not be finished with.  

My modem made an odd noise earlier, so I hope there is nothing wrong.  Everything appears to be working correctly, but appearances are just that.

On top of all that, a book I ordered last weekend came in, "Glitter and Doom:  German Portraits from the 1920s."  I started reading it this morning, after perusing it some last night.  It is a catalog from a show about the Neue Sachlichkeit artists active during the Weimar Republic, generally focused on those active in Berlin (I can not yet say exclusively).  So far, it is interesting, and I am really only breaking the reading up because it occurred to me that I needed to update here, before people lost hope and stopped reading.

Today is looking to be a nice day, so hopefully I won't get too caught up in my book and will get outside.  If I feel like painting, then nice day or not, I will work on that.  I have a small canvas, now I just need an appropriate image.  Enough for now, time to continue reading until I am done with my coffee, then to something else.

No comments: