Saturday, June 30, 2007

Bogle & Gates

Today I noticed a bar code on the wooden base of my new sofa with the name "Bogle & Gates" on it.  Not having much of a clue as to what they did, but figuring it was an inventory control sticker, I decided to look it up.  It seems they were a 100+ year old law firm in the Northwest which dissolved in the late '90s.  It doesn't make me feel any different about my sofa, and I can't say that I am unhappy the firm who defended Exxon in the Exxon Valdez dissolved, but I am sure the lawyers all found someplace else to litigate.  By the way, it doesn't appear from what I read that the Exxon case had anything to do with their dissolution, but rather some firm in Minneapolis who hired a bunch of partner and associates from them at a single time which seems to have done them in. 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

quite interesting! I always like it when I find things like that in stuff I happen to pick up. Is it comfy?