Sunday, July 01, 2007

Sunday in the Kitchen

Yesterday, I did a bit of touch-up on this painting which I did mostly last weekend, but one of my hills was too pointy for my liking.  I still can't say for sure that I like it and that it is done, but it is a nice experiment.  I had been thinking about doing some color variations on the work by Moser that I copied earlier this year, but not much has come of it.  This is one of the color combinations I was thinking about, though I do think a bit larger scale would do them justice, as from the books in the background, this is a small painting.

Today, fighting against the beautiful weather and the normal Sunday blahs, I did manage to get to work on my portrait of a woman sitting.  I think there was some improvement, but I am not sure if I managed to get it where I want to call it finished.  



Apologies about the glare on both pictures, but I wasn't in the mood to fuss with lighting today, and since the portrait is still very not dry, I would rather not take the chance of messing it up.

One nice thing about today though, is that it was another day where I was so absorbed in painting I didn't realize the time passing, being quite shocked when "The Seven Deadly Sins" wrapped up.  I hadn't really thought about the next music selection, so if I wanted music, I needed to either turn the radio on, or find to play, both required me to put my brushes down.

No comments: