Sunday, July 15, 2007

An entry because it is something to do.

Sundays are weird sorts of days sometimes.  Today was one for me.  I wasn't terribly up for anything, and spent the day accordingly, doing a bit of this and a bit of that.  While surfing the web, I came across a few blogs which featured the "farewell for now" message.  I guess I find it kind of interesting to post that sort of message, though I guess if I had any regular readers, it wouldn't seem so odd--letting people know there is no reason to continue checking on a regular basis is good manners.  (Manners on the Internet? Maybe that is why it seems an odd blog topic?) 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What would be your reason to cease posting? That would only give you one less thing to do...

I had a dream once where I realized I had something to say. That's what's important. To say that something. Readers are rarely conveniently located, even today.

JeffTD said...

One reason to quit posting would be to create that much less electronic noise. There is so much available, no one person can really filter it all. Some of what is posted is good, some of it not, like regular publishing really. If another reason is required, it would be that often there is little to say, as it isn't like I update this with new information on the family or anything. You worry yourself about people not noticing your "good" posts, so if one restricted oneself to only publishing "good" posts, wouldn't a blog be more interesting, if more sporatic?