Friday, June 30, 2017

Are we really surprised?

This latest from Trump:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/29/business/media/trump-mika-brzezinski-facelift.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

As Americans, can we be truly surprised that our President is issuing such inane and sexist comments?  I do recall telling my mother that I would try to be patient and let things work themselves out, but I lost patience with that when he started nominating his cabinet.  All I can say is that at least the office hasn't changed him, and he is still as infantile as he was prior to being elected.  I really hope that those in my family who voted for him are cringing, because while Twitter is good for venting, this is truly a series of inappropriate tweets from the man who is President.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've heard two comments about being President: one is that the presidency changes the person holding that office, the other is that the presidency - exaggerates is the wrong word, but I can't think of the right one - the character of the person. In Trump's case, I think the latter holds true. All of his bullying and childish behavior has been set free to play out without restraint. Anyone who hoped he'd become more 'presidential' once he assumed office has been bitterly disappointed. Even his most ardent supporters wish he'd stop tweeting. Many are still clinging to the hope that he'll deliver on jobs, infrastructure, and tax reform, and are willing to give him more time for that, but if the year closes without any significant legislation being passed, I think that support will begin to erode.

However, there are those who are satisfied that they got Neil Gorsuch on the Supreme Court and will probably give him a 'win' for that alone.