Sunday, August 07, 2011

Beautiful day, didn't get much done

Well, it was a beautiful day, and I didn't get much done-- the bike ride didn't happen because I am not accustomed to the hard saddle on my bike, and my backside was telling me not to repeat that just yet, and other stuff didn't happen because I was reading on the balcony, napping, or finding some other distraction for my time. I still have laundry, but enough clean clothes for the first part of the week, if not the entire week. Since I finally bought some new sandals this past week, I don't use socks on the weekend, which gives me a few extra days with regard to those, but that isn't the real reason for sandals, just a bonus.

The other day I did hit Sonic Boom Records and did some old fashioned music shopping, and ended up with a Klezmer compilation, MGMT, Florence and the Machine, and Hey Marseilles, and today got around to uploading them to my iPod. I don't really know percentages and what not, but since I enjoy the record shop (CD shop) experience, I will continue to buy the old fashioned way, and hope the shop stays in business, as too many shops have closed due to Internet purchases. One of my pet peeves is people who love to go browse in bookstores, find something they want, then buy it at Amazon, or some online channel, other than the store they found it in. When the store vanishes, most likely complaints will ensue, and hopefully they will review their actions and see how they contributed to the store's demise, though I doubt it. I am becoming a bit cynical in my view of many people, who seem to want the convenience and benefits, but are unwilling to pay for them. (If I were to transfer that thought into the political realm, then this entry would devolve into a rant.)

No comments: