Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sitting and Pondering

I have been debating on whether or not to replace my aged PC in the living room that serves as the access point to anything other than DVDs for the television, and also the sync station for my iPod. It doesn't run as well as it could, has a tendency to drop the wireless connection, and takes a fair amount of time to boot up iTunes. All of which seem to be good reasons to replace it, but I just can't figure out what would serve me best as its replacement. If I buy a replacement, I have been thinking about a mac mini, as I think it would do what I needed it to do, work well with my laptop (macbook) and also have minimal issues when it came to syncing either my phone or my iPod, and of course it would take up less space. The current PC just sort of sits on the floor next to the television. While I do use the drives to transfer music from Cd's to iTunes, I don't really use them for much else, so I don't see great issue with not having them. It is really just a minor decision, but one that I will eventually sort out.

No comments: