Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Last Day Off

Christmas came and went with little exciting to report. On the eve, I made myself a dinner, then surfed the web for a bit. Yesterday, I made coffee, enjoyed the traditional Christmas breakfast of home-made cookies (supplied by Mom), and then opened the handful of gifts I had here, calling family (or receiving calls) along the way. I visited with Kip, Heidi, & Dominick, as well as going over to my old room-mates' place for dinner, and a gift exchange. Sometime after Kevin's birthday (in November) they decided to go off to Thailand, and it sounds as if a good time was had by all.

Tomorrow I return to work for the remaining three days of the year, and right now, I can't say that I am excited about it. I haven't done much the last several days, and now, I am doing laundry while I compose this. Perhaps because it is so close to the end of the year, and it seems another has gone by in which I didn't accomplish nearly so much as I desired, that I am feeling a bit of the end of the year depression. This is not to say that I feel the need to produce a list of resolutions, but rather I need to again focus on where I want to be and what it is that I would like to be doing. Since winning the lottery isn't likely to be in my cards, I should figure out some way to combine those things I enjoy with those things that are required.

No comments: