Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The perfect soundtrack for a blog-based movie?

At the encouragement and after the example of Dave, here is the musical list, though in advance I will tell you holiday tunes were skipped, since normally they don't receive play in shuffle.

Opening Credits--Black is the Color of My True Love's Hair (Nina Simone)... if nothing else, it starts things on an interesting note.

Waking Up--The Charleston (Spike Jones)... You better wake up it this is playing.

First Day at School--Forty Days and Forty Nights (Muddy Waters)... most likely a reference to how long it seemed.

Falling in Love--Peach Plum Pear (Joanna Newsome)... this is labeled "Harpsichord Pop" in the genre field. Not a common pop instrument, for something that hasn't been all that common for me.

Fight Song--The American Patrol (The Glenn Miller Orchestra)... I wasn't ever in the armed forces.

Breaking Up--The Moon and I (Ron Goodwin)... Nothing like an exotica instrumental for those difficult times of life.

I am actually doing this as I type, Prom being next truly concerns me considering how things have been going.

Prom--Hairshirt (R.E.M.)... how appropriate, just what wearing that prom tuxedo felt like.

Life--Explode and Make Up (Sugar)... stress relief

Breakdown--Jungle Safari (Nocabouts)... genre coded as rock, but more like exotica, with pseudo tribal moans, or some such thing, mostly instrumental, like any good breakdown should be.

Driving--Wuthering Heights (Kate Bush)... perhaps a hint that I should slow down my driving?

Flashback--Belfast (Sasha vs The Light Remix) (Obital)... a song that begins with ominous words on "the Mobius, a twist in the fabric of space where time become a loop" and so it goes.

Getting Back Together--Pressure Face (Sunbrain)... a song from a sampler that I don't play often, and now it is gone

Getting Back Together (Now that Pressure Face is no longer on my Ipod)... Chick on my Tip (Sublime), which of course being gay makes for an interesting choice.

Wedding--Meftuh' (Rachid Taha)... it is in arabic. Am I going to convert prior to have a gay islamic wedding?

Birth of a Child--A Whisper (Coldplay)... always thought they came in with a wail.

Final Battle--Cheops and Nefertiti (Francesco De Gemini)... somehow appropriate if you listen to it, but it is film music after all.

Funeral Song--Bama Lama Bama Loo (Elvis Costello)... so it will be a rockin' funeral.

End Credits--Ace of Spades (Link Wray)... just continuing our previous theme, though with an instrumental.

I found it odd that somehow, with almost the complete ouvre of David Bowie in my library, somehow he was missed--maybe I will try this again. By the way, I only skipped one Christmas tune, and it show up after I had to delete that track by Sunbrain.

No comments: