Thursday, December 28, 2006

Tiki & Beer (or vice versa)


Today, after work, I went to the grocery and felt compelled to buy even more beer (Maritime Pacific's Nightwatch Dark Ale and Full Sail's Wreck the Halls). Of course that meant finishing a beer or two when I arrived home, in order to have space for the new six-pack of ale, since the other was a single holiday-size bottle. If there was ever a time to test my new Tiki (from Hawaii) bottle opener, this was it, and by golly, it worked. To my slight dismay at my thoughtlessness, I did not use it on the best beer in the house, but it worked just fine on the 2 Below.

No Camus today (yet), though I did finish a fun series on chocolate where a blogger decides to explore the sources of an upscale Dallas Chocolatier who seems to prefer to be thought of as a chocolate maker instead. It seemed well researched, but I don't really see it as a story of anything other than a couple of people deciding to exploit this culture's desire to pay for exclusivity and the latest things. Did PT Barnum say "There's one born every minute"? If so, it still holds true, and quite humorously, many of them have money.

No comments: