Thursday, January 25, 2007

Drawing Class


While I doubt I will take a picture & crop every drawing (as well as change the color, in this case) for the class I started this past Tuesday, it did seem appropriate to do it at least for a post dealing with the class. I recently decided to take a figure drawing class, since I was never very good at this subject matter, though I am sure some will say I still am not, but I thought it might be a bit of fun. Anyway, this is the result of the first class (2nd or 3rd attempt), and it is better than I had thought it might be, but not nearly as good as it could be, hence the cropping. It turns out class will be a pleasant three or so hours of drawing a model in a single pose, which will give a bit of time to actually flesh out the drawing. I remember doing gesture drawings in university, but never really liked it much, so I am pleased with the format of the class.

All I need to do now is make more time to draw in between classes.

No comments: