Sunday, January 21, 2007

What I found yesterday

Yesterday, I ventured into the Ballard Market (a store, not the weekly farmer's market), and aside from the above-pictured beverage, ran into a woman who made me want to cheer. If I had my camera with me, she probably would have thought I wanted to make fun of her by taking her picture, but that would not have been my intention. In all her glory, and she was well above a model's size, but Rubinesque would imply perhaps she was naked, and every bit of her was covered, most of it in metallic fabrics, and the rest with some sort of patterned clothing. As I passed, we exchanged courtesies, but I thought to myself it was wonderful I live in a place where people feel comfortable dressing and being as they like, and they aren't all still in school. This past summer when I overheard a conversation on the sidewalk between a youngish guy and a total stranger (female) discussing the merits of skirts, with the guy holding hands to what I took to be his girlfriend, and this young lady also adding comments, it gave me much the same feeling. (The guy & girl had similar cut skirts, though the color was different.)

As to the Leninade, I think I will mix it with some vodka and have a drink.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, Leninade. I'll have to see if it's available online. It would be a perfect beverage for the gradpad.