Saturday, January 20, 2007

Pretty Decent Saturday

For a Saturday, I actually managed to accomplish some stuff today, from buying a mini-tripod for my digital camera to mailing some birthday presents which I think may already be late. It hasn't been all lounging about in bed or playing Guild Wars, even though they do have a test weekend going.

Weeks seem to be passing, and I can't quite believe it is almost February, though with a calendar saying January 20th, I guess that is the case. At least today was nice out, somewhere in the mid to upper forties, I would guess, and generally sunny. While out walking I did try the new pizza place, Snooze Junction, over on Market where pizza by the slice is available. The pizza was good, though the slice size seemed a bit small for the price, and the crust could be crunchier/firmer. The sauce and cheese were quite tasty, with the tomatoes sort of popping, which is a pleasant change from most places here in the Pacific Northwest. At some point, someone will get it right out here, and right while remaining walking distance from my apartment.

My guess is they do it because it is required by law, but I feel sorry for my former employers when they spend $4.64 to send a letter registered mail and all it contains is a single sheet of paper detailing the year in review on my 401K--information I am provided directly from the financial services company as well. It really wouldn't have made any difference if I had let them ship the letter back, since I briefly scanned it, folded it up, then placed it in my jacket pocket, where it will likely remain, until the pocket is too full with paper and I decide to empty it, scanning the contents while aiming for the garbage or the recycle bin.

No comments: