Monday, October 29, 2007

Forlorn Monday?



Mondays seem a lot like the photo of the old vacuum repair shop. I don't know what is going to go in there, which is sort of like the beginning of the week, with not knowing where it will lead. Beyond what will happen at work or in the news, there is something sad about the weekend passing, and, for most people, the work week does not really hold hope for most people, but it is the grind necessary for another pay day. For me, at least, this is something which should change. I don't know the path yet for my change, but I keep feeling it is necessary.

My day today, after work, where one colleague had to leave and take a sick child to the doctor, hasn't consisted of much. Taking some sweaters I plan on taking to Europe to the cleaner, nothing like clean sweaters when traveling Northern Europe in November. Other than that, there is an itinerary change I am contemplating, but haven't put it into work yet, and don't know if I will go blind, or actually make reservations. For my comfort, reservations, but for a change, perhaps just seeing what shows up, sort of like in Split, where a local offered a room, cheaper than the hotels, and in a decent location. They could use the money more than the hotel was my thought. In so many former Communist countries, the pensioners have some of the most difficult times, fixed income and rising prices are a bad combination.

No comments: