Thursday, October 25, 2007

Leaves of Dave



Today, for the first time, I have received a note from Dave on unique stationary, though not a new one, and one he may not have spent much money on, but if he raked all them, there was a bit of time involved. Anyway, one day not long ago, I received the lovely alien postcard, then today I had an envelope. Walking up the stairs (I live on the 3rd floor), I noticed the interesting play of shadows, and I became curious...did he send me a bunch of leaves? Has Dave gone from being a poet to being a performance writer? What do the leaves imply? Is Dave having a greener than thou moment?

I don't really know the answers to any of these questions, but the 3 leaf letter was fun to read, and I just have to hope the leaves don't get much darker, or parts will be very difficult to decipher in the future.

Other than that, it was a day at work, and a Thursday at that.


******just updated*****
Since I had no picture, I didn't really want a brand new post. Anyway, let us all cheer Maritime Pacific's Windfest seasonal off to a well deserved rest, and hope for its speedy return. I would swear it was only a couple of weeks back that I filled my growler with Windfest, but when I went back tonight, it was gone. Far too soon, after a stay of only 4 weeks or so. Anyway, as Kip says, you can drink well around here if your favorites are seasonals rather than the standbys. Actually, I think you can have a better beer experience by drining the seasonal offerings.

On one last beer note, a brewery in California makes a marvelous malty belgian style brown callled Brother Thelonius, which I highly recommend. What could have been a joke of a beer with a cute name/label is really quite good.

No comments: