Monday, October 08, 2007

The government wants my books!

I remember reading something about the lists that our federal government has decided to keep on all of us.  For some reason, books have made the cut, and I am sure web sites have made the cut as well, but that is still secret (and the existence of those records likely still being denied), and this fact was made clear to me at the independent bookseller I went to over the weekend.  Perhaps it is time for me to stop using my debit card, which will make life for her more difficult, but at least all my titles won't be expressed to a DoJ list.  Actually, I guess they could subpoena Library Thing, or even just view it, but that isn't up to date...

The books of interest, by the way, are "Rick Steves' Paris 2007" and "the Lonely Planet City Guide to Amsterdam. "  I don't know, harmless books in my opinion, but I am sure the government, with insistence similar to that used to invoke Saddam & 9/11 correlations, will find some way to damn the purchases.  Such is life, and at least I know the Ministry of Information will correct things for me...

No comments: