Sunday, October 28, 2007

Later Sunday



I forgot all about this picture. The sign is no longer there, but, as you can see, Seattle does like its informers, though I don't believe a cut of the fine is included to reimburse you for your minutes. What bothers me is that something as innocuous as this can potentially lead to reporting of other actions. I hate to be an alarmist, and perhaps this message is just a bit late, but with each of our civil liberties daily being called into question, because terrorists use phones, use the internet, read newspapers, and watch television. Not to mention, they drive cars, ride bikes, use public transportation, etc. The theory being, I guess, if you monitor everything, you can stop something, though in truth, if you monitor everything, then there is no freedom, because people are scared of expressing opinions. This isn't a new soap box, but the photo seemed to call for it. After doing some cleaning around here, I went outside, enjoyed the afternoon, went to OKOK Gallery, though I didn't much like the art on display, and also went to the grocery store and purchased food that isn't very good for me.

No comments: