Friday, April 06, 2007

It's Here!

I am sure this is the post everyone has been waiting for--a picture of my first oil painting. Perhaps it is a bit underwhelming, but it is a first, and the project was to do it using a gray scale, and the fact that everything was white only made this easier. Currently, I am working on a two class painting, meaning something like 8 or so hours of work on it, and I am hoping it will turn out better than this one, and the one that followed it, surely to be posted later.

Today, the weather was stunning and I was at work, which of course is the way things go. After work, I took a nap, and took pictures of my painting outside on my balcony, with plenty of natural light, so I wouldn't get the glare from the flash, as I did the first time I tried taking pictures of this oil painting.

Hate to say it, but that is about it for now. I am enjoying my weekly bouts with creativity and representational art. I can't say that abstract is for me, but I can say sometimes the challenge is fulfilling and others just frustrating--more practice is probably called for.

No comments: