Monday, April 30, 2007

For lack of a better title...Monday

Here is my drawing from last week's class, the drawing I have been most pleased with since beginning the class back in January. Time and practice does allow one to get better, and while there are things that could have been done better, I am still pleased with it, though unsure if I will "do" anything with it.

Today was a normal Monday, with all the normal Monday-beginning-of-the-work-week sorts of things. I do hope the scratchiness in my throat isn't a cold coming on, but since the weather is changing, towards the warmer, sunnier sort, it would only make sense. Everyone has some particular curse, and mine seems to be getting sick during the seasonal change from Spring to Summer. Lots of sleep, herbal tea, and vitamins? I don't know, though some of that will likely come into play. More important for me is getting to my classes this week, as with only two more drawing classes, and two more painting classes until late June, I look forward to whatever I can get from them. Actually, in painting this week we start a two class figure painting. All I can really say is that I am ever so glad to have taken all these weeks of drawing, sometimes getting better, and sometimes wondering what on earth I was thinking--with luck, that practice will carry me a little during the painting process.

Speaking of painting, I need to go clean my brushes.

No comments: