Thursday, May 03, 2007

Where to next?


The week is almost through, and I still feel icky--which is the best word I can come up with right now to describe how I feel.
Also in today's post, you can see a full, non-angular, non-kitchenette view of the painting I was working on a few posts ago. I am unsure if I will fiddle with it any more, but I probably won't since I am putting other projects on my plate. Today I picked up some small canvasses at the art store, so I will see if I have any luck working in smaller size (currently, my canvas size has been limited to 16"x20").
Next really is one of those things I am worrying about, though I don't know how many times I get told not to plan the future. It isn't the distant future I am planning, just the next few years. I promise not to go soviet and do it in five year increments, but I really do think, if I intend to survive the drudgery of corporate America, then I need a plan. My back-up plan, or one which frequently pops into my head as one, is to go abroad again and teach English, but even that will require preparations.
On another note, I finally managed to get McSweeney's #22, and have read the first few stories based on Fitzgerald's ideas. Doing things in an inappropriately linear fashion, I have been reading in sequence, meaning I will probably never get to the poetry or Oulipoean pieces.
Time to go make more tea--I don't know if it is helping, but it is nice to sip, since there is a bit of chill in the air.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the painting. Very nice! It seems you're enjoying yourself with these classes, as well as pushing yourself in different ways.