Thursday, May 10, 2007

An apartment filled with stuff,


though not the normal kind of stuff, as I have at least 3 unfinished painting, a handful of drawings (mostly bad), and some charcoal sketches to boot. All my classes have wrapped up, and now I have to decide what to pursue next. I have 2-3 weeks to decide on which classes to take this summer, as I haven't made a solid decision yet. From what I can tell, I need to draw and paint weekly if I want to maintain and possibly improve my skills. That sucks a bunch of time right there, and since I am considering a printmaking class, there is another evening or two busy. At least if I choose representational images for printmaking, I can stay in the drawing vein there, though it will be with a different collection of tools, since you don't extensively use graphite, oil paints, or charcoal in many of the processes past the under-drawing. Oh well...lots to think about, in addition, I could take a class in using the letter press, which sounds interesting, but hinges as much on the technical as the artistic.
Of course, I could always buy a couch & television and forget about working on art, as I would have mindless distraction all the time. (This option would be the one that would make people think me more normal.)

No comments: