Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Explaining Beer Tastes

I don't quite know how you explain beer. I have never been told which flavors are what, regarding malts, hops, and other fun things. Regardless, I rather like beer in its variety, and constantly try new and different ones. Today, the beer happens to be a doppelbock, Salvator, from Paulaner in Germany. This was available by the bottle at Fred Meyer, so that is what I bought, a bottle. It has a strong flavor, which always pleases me, now if I can place the flavor, it would help me describe it. Oh well, with time and some effort at explaining things, this will get easier, but I thought if I can add a bit of variety to the blog, it would make it both more pleasurable to write and to read. It is still only Tuesday and XTC are Skylarking while the oven is pre-heating and I am drinking. Cleaning and straightening are on the agenda this evening as well. For more on bocks, go here.

Actually, I have the suspicion this will turn into something as oblique as wine or Scotch tasting, but let us really hope it doesn't move into something so sublime as vodka tasting.

No comments: