Monday, May 07, 2007

Lovely Monday


Thanks to Dave, I have a new distraction, which is Library Thing (on the sidebar, if you are curious). Now, instead of the numerous things I might feel that I need to do, I can procrastinate very effectively, at least until I exhaust my library, then I just need to find a new exercise in procrastination. I shouldn't blame it all on him, but it is one of those things that I don't need, being just compulsive and anal enough to want to upload all the information I can. Of course, voluntarily surrendering the information on a public database makes it that much easier for our own version of the Securitate to search out dissenters, and flag us appropriately for airline travel bans. [Actually, you don't even have to give a name or email address, so it isn't that easy to track who is actually possessing, and hopefully reading, what.]
Today was gorgeous, which is only natural on a Monday. The drawing today was from a drawing class where the model walked out as she had previously had a disagreement with our substitute drawing teacher and hadn't the desire to work with him again, so we tried portraits rather than figures, since one of his other students, who had come to sit in during the figure drawing, graciously volunteered to model. Not really very good, but it was the first attempt. Sometime in the next week or so, I will try and take some pictures of some of my more successful, and un-erased, gesture drawings from my weekend workshop.

1 comment:

Davo said...

always glad to be of service regarding distractions!