Saturday, May 12, 2007

Some work on a Saturday


As poor a reproduction it might be, it isn't bad for only 8 weeks of painting instruction. I now have many more weeks of working on it left, using only a photo of the setting. I don't know how much easier that will make it, but I have a lot more to do with the painting, so I hope to manage it without messing up my good start. Today I worked on this (only added another layer of dark to the left side on this painting) and two others that are partially done in the house. The obvious work left on this one includes her face and blouse, with me choosing not to mess too much on the background, though I will do some work on it. Today is one of those typical spring sorts of days with a reasonable temperature and an overcast sky, so I haven't missed too much by being indoors. I still have some errands to take care of, going to the grocery and stuff like that, so I don't know if I will go back into my kitchen studio later today and mess around any more. Other projects are fermenting, but I haven't taken action on them yet, and I am trying to decide if I can actually do three art classes in a single week for a couple of weeks, as there are three that interest me. I am wondering if I am pushing too hard for something with no obvious reward. If so, I have a tendency to wash my hands of it for a bit, though I don't really want to take another 15 year break from trying to interpret the world around me visually, but I also don't want to set my hopes up high, only to have them meet someones concept of reality. Again, I hit the question of why am I pursuing art.

1 comment:

Davo said...

The busier you are, the better. Though exasperated at times, I got some pretty interesting writing done when I was slammed with things to do. It might work the same way for art...