Thursday, April 19, 2007

Nothing really...

Before my break stretched weeks, again, I thought I would update here, though I don't have much to say. Work is devolving into so much hierarchical absurdity, that I feel it necessary to try and determine my place there anew every week, or even worse, with every new change in procedure. I guess that is the way things are, though I have to say, this is really the first time I have ever had to really wonder why I was there. (I should actually clarify that, to say the first time in a permanent position, as I have had the feeling while working a temp job whose only end was my leaving it.)

Drawing class this week was not full figure, and, while the cause wasn't nearly as bizarre as the situation last week (the model forgot to put the class in the calendar, and was in the middle of another gig), we did get to spend some time trying to draw hands--or as Darcy put it, draw fingers that don't look like hot dogs (he is actually paraphrasing a comment by the instructor). I guess that is the reason for the lovely picture of my discontinued area rug from Ikea. I doubt the pattern is being discontinued, but I think they probably just no longer buying from Persia.

That is it. Nothing spectacular. No fun. Just a week at work.

No comments: