Sunday, April 15, 2007

Sunday Morning & Laundry


It is just another weekend, and this Sunday, aside from coffee, laundry was on the list, at least a load of whites, which is currently in the dryer, so I have made progress on it, rather than just let it sort of loom like the boogieman as an object of procrastination.
I can't tell if today will be nice or not, as there is a bit of an overcast pall to the sky, but also a bit of blue.
Yesterday was sort of a mess with my motivation level for anything at an absolute nadir. Eventually, I got around to writing some postcards, since I seem to have way to many laying about for my own good--same goes for postage, and only a month to use it all before they raise the price again. I am sure I should stop using snail mail at some point, but I find the tactile process of writing to be enjoyable, and I also enjoy receiving letters & postcards and reading what it is they have to say. If someone takes the time to drop me a postcard while on vacation, I know they are thinking about me at least, though some of the thought is probably how unlucky I am not to be there. It is odd, I was reading about a product on Amazon, and someone mentioned that they trade postcards with people through the mail. I don't know why I found it all that odd, though I am sure it has something to do with no one really writing, except of course Dave, who regularly sends me postcards (and letters). Anyway, yesterday produced a half dozen or so postcards to various people, and even a short letter, so while motivation was hard to come by most of the day, something was accomplished by the end. Now all I have to do is go to the post office and find out how much it will cost for my postcards to Romania.

No comments: