Tuesday, November 13, 2007

From Emerald to Lights



I don't quite know if Paris is the city of light or city of lights, though this time of the year, I would think the latter would be most appropriate. For whatever reason, what would visiting Paris be like if there weren't a transit strike going on. It seems as if I am going to be on the inconvenienced side of that equation upon my arrival--nothing like a 50 Euro cab ride to endear you to a city. It is Paris, but, being the stupid traveller I am, I thought since there was a strike last month, i would not have to deal with one in November. At some point, I will learn that not all unions behave like those in the United States.

The markets here are out of locally grown flowers, and I don't expect to see much in that vein while I am gone, but with luck the change of scenery will do me the proverbially much good. Sometime after I get there, I will do what I can to update the blog, and hopefully the update will include pictures, though there is still no guarantee they will pertain to what I am writing, except in that vague way a picture of Paris with an article about the place have a connection.

No comments: