Saturday, November 10, 2007

Worn Out



Saturday, just prior to vacation, and I am feeling as worn out as the sign pictured. I finally got around to getting myself packed, at least when it comes to clothes. There is a bit more work to do when it comes to my carry on, with the computer, camera, and a couple of days worth of clothes. Quite wacky the list I need to fit into my backpack, and the other decisions I need to make, such as DVD's, Ipod, or other digital distractions. I doubt I will take any with me, though I might, because I don't see much reason to saddle myself with it. I am really hoping the funk will lift before my plane lands at CDG. It is always hard to say, but I am sure once I find myself leaving work early on Tuesday, the funk will lift, though there will be the requisite amount of panic and concern for time prior to me getting to the airport, dealing with the TSA, and getting a seat. Oh well...Tuesday will be here soon enough.

This evening I went to Zayda Buddies again for dinner. The food isn't bad, but I couldn't quite not laugh at people paying $3.00 a can for Blatz, Hamm's, Schlitz, & something called Golden Grain or Grain Field--a midwestern beer that must originate further west in the midwestern landscape than my knowledge. They have bottles of Leinenkugel, which is a good beer, but the other stuff is just bad, and they might as well stick with the PBR, since it is cheaper and just as good. Oh well, I wasn't drinking it, so I shouldn't have too much fun at their expense. It is just one of those things, having grown up there, some things you just don't miss.

No comments: