Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Mid-September already



Amazing how fast time passes. It has been almost a month since my last post, and if I had been off doing something of great interest, like hiking the Appalachian Trail, perhaps that would be excusable. Rather than that, I have been having a less than delightful time at work, and trying to work out what February holds, since I can't justify it holding a commute to Woodinville on a regular basis.

Whatever next year holds, an extended vacation is not really in the plans, as anything chosen will still be some sort of work, relocating involves the work of moving and the work of finding a job, but why would I want to move somewhere else just to start back up with the daily 9-5 monotony, though it might be someplace more enjoyable.

I have been working my way through Danube, and found a nice passage yesterday while either waiting for or eating my gumbo at the Old Town, but today I can't find it, so suffice to say, it was around section four, "Cafe Central." The last 2 days someone has been doing laundry when I arrived home, which is why I was out yesterday, because I couldn't really do that which needed to be done at home, though today, I am doing laundry. I would like to use it as an excuse for unusual topic breaks, but that is rather lame, and the topic switches just have to stand on their own, with the internal logic of creation as flow rather than creation through revision. I can't really say that one is better than the other, but the phone rings...

And I have a conversation about beer and bottling and fun things like that. Friday, the second round of beer will be bottled. There was a bunch of over spill during the initial fermentation, and I am hoping that is not a problem, but only a few weeks will tell, after the bottles have been capped for 2-4 weeks.

No comments: