Saturday, January 01, 2011

The New Year

Well, the New Year arrived, and I slept soundly through any celebration by the neighbors. I didn't relish the idea of trying to stay awake and spend it in a crowded bar with cheap champagne at midnight, so sleep was my solution. Today hasn't been unpleasant, though it has been uneventful. I got the car out and went to Half-Price Books after meeting someone for lunch. The lamb curry was nice, but I managed to refrain from purchasing anything at the bookstore, as I have a few too many unread books already.

Today's entry is mostly to keep things going, but I am wondering if I came up with some sort of theme rather than random commentary if this might be more interesting as well as easier for me to keep going. Time will tell, and maybe something will show up on the radar that makes a good theme. I don't see enough movies to make a review site, and haven't been reading enough books for it to be much of that either. I am also sure there is more than enough commentary on technology and inter-connectedness (including social media) that other than the occasional mention, it doesn't really deserve another blog. Besides, how many rants and questions regarding its merits does anyone want to read, let alone write.

Beer could be fun, but I honestly enjoy drinking it more than trying to critique it, since it is so much a matter of personal preference--some folks like a northwestern style IPA and others do not.

As it is, I will probably just try and write regularly. Perhaps, I will find a compelling voice, and if that happens, then all my ramblings will have been worth the effort. If that doesn't happen, then at least I will still be able to type in complete sentences, comma faults and all.

No comments: