Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Picture

I will upload the other two coasters I made last week in my glass fusing class a bit later, but I thought it might be fun to post at least one now. I was lazy and didn't take a picture actually, but put the coasters on my scanner and scanned them, figuring the scan light and the white background would probably yield better image quality. Of the three, if I wanted to turn any into sun catchers, this would be the one, as it is made of all transparent glass, and the others are made from opaque. The class is fun, and we are working on a slumping piece now. I am hoping I kept mine simple enough, but I worry I added too many things. I guess I will find out next week.

One thing I like about this class is that it gives you an idea of how things work in incremental steps, rather than an intensive workshop where you make all of these things, but due to the firing time, you don't really see the first pieces until late in the workshop, when it is very possible you repeated some of the same techniques, but you didn't know they wouldn't yield the results you wanted.

In other news, I did reactivate my Facebook account, and deactivated virtually every notification the idiotic thing can send me. The main reason is I don't have my adobe photo site up quite yet, and I also figured that some of my friends/family would be interested in seeing the images now, rather than when I got around to writing something to accompany them.

No comments: