Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saturday Evening

It is Saturday evening, and I have just finished dinner at Zayda Buddy's, and now I am trying to decide what is next. Since I promised the other two pieces I have made so far in my fusing class, here is the second. It started out inspired by Matisse's paper-cuts, and then, as I was messing with the yellow glass, when I managed to place them in an almost dynamic pose, I forgot the Matisse, and stuck with the pose, as it seemed fun. The purple seen in the image is from the scanner and doesn't actually appear on the coaster, for better or worse. I loaded all the images on Facebook, and Mom took a liking to the one that is made of all transparent glass, so it goes back to the kiln for the installation of a loop that will allow it to be used as a sun-catcher, as we both agree that glass coasters are pretty, but impractical if actually under a sweating glass. I am glad that I have affixed the little rubber things on the bottom of that particular piece, as I would relish trying to remove them.

In a really nice change of pace, I must say that I think I have spoken with Mom more since Christmas than in the first 6-8 months of last year. I can't say why, but she is calling more, and when she commented this morning on Facebook that she really liked the green and blue piece, I gave her a call. Though that call was short, as she was in the middle of something as per usual, it was at least the third conversation this year. I am not really sure what changed, but perhaps something finally kicked in there that email and Facebook posts are not the best way to engage me, for whatever reason.

No comments: