Sunday, February 13, 2011

Nice Sunday of games




For those curious how my first real glass slumping project turned out, here is an image I took in the studio-- before is above, and after below. I love the way the light plays off the glass adding the highlights. Barely perceptible in the after picture is the fact the green and purple are transparent, which I think is due to their hue more than anything else. I am very pleased with the way it looks. I won't have before and after photos for most of my projects, as I don't seem to remember to take photos in the middle of class, just at the beginning or end. (One piece I slumped this week would not have made much of a before photo anyway, as it looked just like a sheet of green glass, since the pattern fused into the bottom would not have been noticeable.)

Today was fun, as I went over to a friend's house who was having a game day, so I spent some hours playing "Munchkin" with some total strangers, but met some new people and saw some folks I hadn't seen in a long time. The bridge table has gotten a bit more complex as they have the little boxes now that allow you to bid without having to vocalize, which of course makes a social game that much less social. I was trying not to bother the players too much, but I did ask questions about the bidding box thingy, which just seemed to make things way too formal. I seem to forget that some people take their bridge seriously.

No comments: