Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day...



In many minds, Summer is over and it is time to begin getting serious again. I don't recall having the time be very light with moving, a new job, and all that seemed to be going on. The weekend has been delightfully uneventful, though I did get some stuff mailed today to my niece and nephew in North Carolina. Yesterday, I did get up early and actually had a pleasant Ikea experience since I arrived before the crowds. I now have a bit more desk space as I bought a television/media stand for my printer. (It is also holding a few shelves of shoes, making it even more useful.)

Aside from the post office, today's only other outdoor activity has been a bit of furniture browsing and a quick trip to Safeway. After intending to for weeks, I finally managed to remember to get some tissues to blow my nose on so that I can stop using toilet paper which disintegrates upon use when blown into. Inside today I have been playing with my scanner and its negative scanning function. I have even managed to come up with a photo that looks better for the manipulation (though not the photo with this 'blog--maybe tomorrow). I used the printer to print photos for the first time today, and have to remember just how expensive ink is before I get carried away. It does give me some potential for the future, especially in the postcard line.

No comments: