Monday, September 04, 2006

The night before Tuesday...

Work resumes tomorrow, but because I really felt the need to escape the apartment, I went to the Lock & Keel on Ballard Avenue. I had only been there once before to eat and watch the world cup, so it was a new thing to do in the evening. For the short time I was there, it seemed a remarkable hive of activity for a Monday. Initially, one of the two pool tables was taken, and by the end both were. The person sitting next to me, who was a Canadian Native American and is in one of the final scenes of the movie "Geronimo," did the above drawing based on a recommendation from her friend. (One of the two was named Debbie, but as names were flying fast and furious, I won't claim knowledge as to who the name belonged to.) I still don't know how or if I relate to Wooly Mammoths, but that is what was drawn for me. It seemed almost like a psychological thing, except that everyone had already drank far too much.

No comments: