Friday, September 01, 2006

Friday leading into...


Well, the last three day weekend of the summer has arrived and I have absolutely nothing planned. I don't know that I will end up doing anything, but I rather like the fact I don't have to, as I have been looking forward to the extra day off for a bit.

I wonder if stamp collecting or matchbook cover collecting will make a resurgence. Maybe I have missed it, or maybe it is a more recent thing, but ephemera does seem to be pushing its way back into life, but not your own personal ephemera, but rather ephemera from a different era, or else brand new, mass produced ephemera trying to pass as the odd thing here or there, until of course you notice that all of them have the same thing. I rather enjoyed scanning the ephemera of yesteryear to give me odd images for my blog, though I try not to comment about them. This wouldn't even be here if I hadn't been at Sonic Boom Records and found a sampler CD, which I did not buy, which included ephemera of sorts. Aside from ephemera of other's lives, I should probably begin including some of my own, and if I can find them all that means I can scan my stellar museum ticket collection, though I may have lost many of those over the years.

No comments: