Thursday, August 31, 2006

License Bureau

Today I finally went to the license bureau (or Department of Licensing, as it is known here) to update the address on my driver's license. Last night while renewing the tags on my woefully forlorn Neon, I decided I should probably update the address on my license, since legally I only have ten days to do so after moving. I tried doing it online, and was told today it was possible, but I couldn't locate the correct links last night, so I sped off over to the Department after work to do the deed. After taking my number and waiting somewhere more than five minutes, but likely less than ten, I go to the counter and the clerk is fairly friendly, and asks if I want the cheap or expensive process for the address change. Turns out I opted for the cheaper method, as I don't exactly see why the state needs another ten bucks of my money. The clerk updated the computer, then told me all I needed to do was write the new address on the back. I have to say that I am most pleased by the cheaper method, as long as I remember to update the license itself. The cheaper method had no cost associated with it aside from my time and trouble to get there.

With that, I have pretty much explored the high point of my day, as work was nothing special, though Tammy will be gone for the next several days, so she has been rather busy. We had a new person start Monday, and I spent the first several days of the week recovering from the all day meeting Friday. I am glad tomorrow is Friday, and I am glad the weekend is three days.

No comments: