Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Let's be a "Fictioneer"



What a fun conversation I just had with my best friend, now creative writing grad student. I think he is glad he is doing a poetry program of study rather than fiction; otherwise, he would be a "fictioneer" as opposed to a poet. He found fictioneer a funny word--whereas I think it is absolutely hysterical and needs to be used as often as possible for maximum effect, with the hope that eventually I will stop smirking when I say it. (Actually, I believe Dave has the same issue.)

I wish I could report fabulous happenings, but they don't simply exist right now in my life. It does seem about time to plan my house-warming, especially as I have made the ninety day mark at work, so theoretically they now have to pay me unemployment if they let me go for some reason or other, though I don't plan to test that theory. Truth is, I have never really figured out how unemployment worked, though several times I know I would have qualified for it.

No comments: