Sunday, August 20, 2006

another week, no pics?

I was reading in a few other blogs about Blogger having issues with pics. It seems that it is a random, hard to determine how widespread, but still a problem for me. I even found some really cool stuff, and maybe I need to do something drastic like join Flickr to post those images, but I sort of enjoy the random image here and there on my blog, as a break from the words.

Today I went to the Fremont Sunday Market, which unlike the Ballard Sunday Market, doesn't have much in the way of fruits and vegetables for sale, but a bunch of other arts/crafts/almost flea market type stuff. I found some fun pictures, which I thought I would dole out a bit at a time over the course of a week or two, but I guess that won't be happening unless Blogger decides to stop its technological hiccups that are fouling up my artistic flow. I also scored a used copy of the Library of America edition of Walt Whitman's "Poetry and Prose." Since my old copy of "Leaves of Grass" was sent to Half-Price ages ago because of the yellowing paperback made no sense to send into storage, it is nice to get a new one, and at $10, probably not much more than a new paperback would cost.

Saturday I managed to get to the gym, which is something I haven't managed today, but then I have been out walking a bunch today, so it isn't that I sat around on my butt all day doing nothing. I did go out with Jason last night. Today is his birthday, so we went out for dinner, and then another friend of his showed up and we went to a couple of bars. Generally a pleasant evening, except when I realized that someone thought it would be a good idea to make a dance remix of Kenny Rogers' "The Gambler," using Kenny's vocal tracks. Nothing quite like a bar full of people trying to pretend they don't know the words while mouthing along to them. I guess I should count myself lucky that it didn't break out into full sing-along mode--it was a gay bar after all.

No comments: