Saturday, September 02, 2006

Sort of busy Saturday

I have managed to keep myself busy, though I still haven't made myself the gin and tonic that I keep thinking about...

...(makes g & t)...

With that taken care of perhaps I can get down to the serious business of blog writing here, though withy my great deal of busy-ness I don't think I accomplished much in the way of business. I may be going back to Ikea tomorrow for a Kelim rug which I wasn't terribly sure about today, but which I think will look nice covering the oh so off white carpet in the living room. There is something about modern apartments that just screams "boring" and they are like a challenge waiting for you to try and do something to improve them--this challenge is ten-fold if you happen to be a minimalist who hates off-white. The leases with all the caveats about holes in walls, and without something on which to mount wall decorations, there is no way to hang pictures/posters/art to enliven the room. My current landlord decided that textured walls are probably the best way to keep tenants from painting over the off-white, and I have to say, I wouldn't be real keen to expend the effort to cover the off-white then have to do it all over again with whatever color I chose. Of course, textured walls also rule out wallpaper, though that wasn't really on my radar anyway, but I am just throwing out its limitations. Aside from the rug, I don't recall any other "must haves" from Ikea, and perhaps while messing about the house this evening I will discover something else I need.

After not finding the table I wanted, which would have gone nicely with the chairs I bought from some other store this morning, I did go looking at all the normal suspects and if things work they way they are headed, then I will end up with a pedestal table for my chairs. Not really what I was looking for, but I think there is some possibility in the combination.

No comments: