Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Back to the blog

I work weekends, so there is little chance I will update this on those days, unless it is before or after my twelve hour shift at work, and if it is after shift, I won't speak to how coherent any post is likely to be.  Anyway, today I received my order from Siglio Press.  Because the book I was interested in was fairly pricey, and I could get three + the one I wanted for $100, I opted to get the four.  I have started The Nancy Book, and the first essay was interesting, and my brief perusal of Joe Brainard's take on Nancy has also been fun, so if you have an interest in art from the late 60's to 70's, then I would suggest to take a gander.  One thing that struck me when I read the essay is that Joe apparently did not have much interest in making art for the investor market, so he quit rather than just produce for the sake of maximizing profits.  (The author did not put it quite this way, so you won't find that verbatim in the first essay.)

Other than that, I am still disappointed in our president-elect, and the closer we get to the inauguration, the less optimist I am, since he has yet to do anything that disproves my initial negative opinion of him, and if anything, he is increasing that bad opinion, but, hey, if he can disparage President Obama constantly for years, than certainly the populace has the ability to disparage Trump, right?  I think so, but it seems he gets a bit bent out of shape when others exercise their freedom of speech.

No comments: